On how I intend to avoid Christmas- Scrooge style.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hmm,

So I admit I think I'm getting that twitchy feeling the closer it comes to December, which is annoying. I'm trying to decide if I'm more anxious about missing a Christmas by doing nothing, or disappointing other people by handing them cash and not presents they probably didn't want in the first place.

It bites, but what's a person to do? I get so depressed about this time of year, no one helps me, no one considers how miserable I get and if they see my actions as punishing them in some way... well, maybe that's true.

I still want the fairy tale. I want not to feel pressure, I want the Disney glitter version of happy families long since lost to childhood and nothing compares to that. So I want to break Christmas, shatter it and then maybe something better will happen (doubtful).

Do I suffer, or do I come across as the villain of the piece? Am I just trying to punish myself?

That's a good question.

----------------
Listening to: Hot Chip - Over and over
via FoxyTunes

Posted by General Disorder :: 11:54 pm :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------