On how I intend to avoid Christmas- Scrooge style.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Seven days.

Looking across to the calendar I see that in one week it will be December and there will be no avoiding the sudden surge in Christmas 'things'. It means there are four weeks and some change to doomsday, or 31 days to the point of no return. At the moment I have little feeling on the matter (what else is new with me lately) and I'm surprised that not one person has really mentioned it at all in the house.

I imagine it will change. I imagine that any day now the subtle pressure to conform will start leaking out. Mind you, first my mother would have to get her lips off my older sister's giant, spoilt ass. The first words out of her mouth on returning from work involve her name (are you all right *older sis's name?)

She never asks if I'm okay. Mind you, she never cares or notices when I'm not.

Maybe I'm rebelling so hard this year as some sort of punishment, or test.

Yeah... I think that has a lot to do with it. They don't give a shit, so why the hell should I?

Posted by General Disorder :: 4:03 am :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------